1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR10-250 to HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by redram38, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    I am sorry about starting a new thread about this, but has anyone here upgraded and they not let you keep the HR10 hooked up as well. I got a good deal on the swap. Shipping only plus free Superfan, but the CSR said the HR10 was not compatable with the new dish ???? I find that hard to believe since about 6 mths ago I was going to upgrade for 99.00 and they were letting me keep the HR10. Also is there any upside in keeping the HR10-250 anyway. I wanted to upgrade before the heavy rush in the fall so since I got it for free, I went ahead and said ok about giving back the HR10. The HR10 was a lease BTW, and I got it free last July. Also is OTA as good as the HR10. I cannot get The WB from DTV yet and will have to get it OTA.

Thx

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The new dish is 100% compatible with the HR10-250.

You just can't access the two additional sats.

The upsides, are dependent on how you use the box.

Very small chance that the installer is going to take the HR10-250 from you

3. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Thx Earl I was hoping to keep em both on the account.

4. sshams95

sshams95 Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    I was able to keep mine. Installer didn't show any interest in taking them away.

5. RegGeek

RegGeek Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I upgraded as you did. My HR10 was a leased box and I got the HR20 free after credits. I left the HR10 hooked up for a while as back-up but I have since disconnected it. Two weeks ago I deactivated it (the HR10) on my account and they didn't even want it back. But as Earl said, the HR10 works just fine with the new dish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.