1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR10-250 with out a phone line

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cardpetree, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardpetree

cardpetree Cool Member

Jan 11, 2006
    I've got one of these coming to be installed saturday but I don't have a phone line. If anyone has one with out a phone line please let me know how it works and if there is anything I should know. My dad is scaring me because he had an original Tivo box that he was using with the local digital cable box about 21/2-3yrs ago and he was telling me that a phone line has to be hooked up continuously or the tv schedule would not be downloaded to the Tivo. I told him that I don't think Directv's Tivo worked like that. A guy also told me that all I needed to do to setup my Tivo was take it to a friend's house with a phone line. Set it up once and ignore the nag (what's the nag?). He said all the friend needed was a phone line and a TV and of course my HR10-250. He said he didn't need Directv. Someone please confirm this and if there is any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I believe you are correct regarding the use of a friends phone line.

Updates and programming comes from the SAT for DTivo units. I have multiple DTivos (including a HR10-250) of which none are currently connected to a phone line. However, each one was for original activation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.