1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100: 0x0235 - Issues Only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Doug Brott, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    My HR20-100 with the 480P problem on HD locals updated to 0x0235 today.

I am still seeing this issue - it will only output 480P when viewing my MPEG4 locals (San Francisco/Bay Area).

All other channels can be viewed as 720P or 1080i.

I have selected 720P and 1080i as supported resolutions for my TV (480P is not selected as a supported resolution). Native mode is off. TV connection is HDMI.

It even gives me the warning message that I need to switch to a higher resolution to get best picture quality. Pressing format on the remote just cycles through the 480P options. The res button has no effect when on HD locals.

I have reset it, unplugged for 15 minutes and reset it, reset it to defaults - but everything I do makes no difference it goes to 480P when on my HD locals.

My other 2 HR20's display the HD locals correctly.

3. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    Had one HR20-100 that did not 'recover' from the new s/w load.

RBR'ed a couple of times, both times was 'stuck' at the s/w download screen (0%).

Had to 'pull the ac' for a few minutes, replugged up, and away it went.

Unit is some 2 months old, no previous problems and the last couple of releases (breezed right through them). It's 'brother' HR20-100 (2 weeks older) had no problem whatsoever.

This is the first time in almost 2 years an HR unit has gone belly up with new s/w (but older ones are HR20-700's).

Both -100's seem to be working fine though (basic operations). FYI, both are on SWM-8 feeds.

4. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Actually I saw this issue as well. It was unresponsive the remote or front panel after the update - I had to unplug it to get it going again.

5. maseace

maseace AllStar

Aug 31, 2007
    Dodgers-Padres game on MLBEI ch 733-1 recorded in 33 individual segments! For some reason my HR20-100 has always recorded multiple segments on MLBEI channels, usually after the game is over, but never this many.

Attached Files:

6. SteveInNC

SteveInNC AllStar

Oct 8, 2007
    HR21-100, got the update on early 6/12. The unit is a replacement for a HR20 that went TU about four weeks ago. Everything has seemed fine.

This afternoon, I noticed that the unit had spontaneously rebooted. I keep the blue ring off, so it was obvious that a reboot had occurred. The DVR is on a 900VA UPS with AVR, so power should not have been a factor. Other than occassional audio drop-outs and minor pixelation on a few HD locals, I haven't noticed any other problems. Relevant signal strengths are in the mid/high-ninties when the glitches occur.

7. johntewart

johntewart Cool Member

May 20, 2007
    This release has not cured the audio/video synchronization problem. This was especially true for the NBC broadcast of the US Open on Saturday and the interviews of the golfers at the end of their rounds.
    Another new problem arose during the telecast of the NBA finals Sunday evening. Portions of the video content were cut and pasted into other areas of the display. Several inches from the right hand side of the video was "cut" and "pasted" in the left hand side of the display with a thin black vertical line separating the images. Also a small horizontal strip from the bottom of the display was "cut" and "pasted" into the top of the display with a thin black horizontal line separating the images.
    Hopefully this will not repeat on Tuesday.

8. sytyguy

sytyguy AllStar

Dec 7, 2006
    This is the first NR that the lip-sync is in sync, at least, on this unit, haven't checked the other units.

9. bqbauer

bqbauer Mentor

Dec 30, 2006
    As with 0x230, I had a freeze-up for about two minutes where the unit was completely unresponsive, then returned to normal. With 230 these were three minutes long and at least every 24 hours. This one was two minutes long and the first I noticed since 235.

10. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Got the upgrade early this morning. The unit has frozen up 3 times and twice required channel changes to get it to respond. The 3rd time took a reboot (RBR).

11. infn8zero

infn8zero New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    My HR20-100 recieved the 0x235 this morning at 2:50 Central Time. Since then I have had numerous freeze ups. Noticable mostly on the local ABC station. It seems to freeze for 60-90 seconds at a time.

12. PCHDTV

PCHDTV Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    Same here in Tampa. The local CBS has frozen several times this morning. I had to switch to another channel, then back, to get it going again.

13. infn8zero

infn8zero New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I called an talked to a CSR and the only suggestion he had was to check the connections on the dish and any multi-switches and check my signal strengths when it freezes. Ahh...it just froze again. This is is freeze number 6 or 7 this morning.

14. PCHDTV

PCHDTV Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    AKA a bunch of BS from a CSR who is not yet aware of a new issue. I don't blame him/her.

It is certainly not a coincidence that we are experiencing this issue directly after an upgrade. I'm hoping it is only a LIL issue, maybe even just CBS, at this point. I'm watching ESPN now for a while to see if it frezes as well. CBS is doing it every few minutes.

15. infn8zero

infn8zero New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Actually I updated my first post. It was ABC that was on during my lock ups. So maybe a LIL issue. Curious to see if other HD or non-HD channels cause lockups.

16. PCHDTV

PCHDTV Mentor

Sep 24, 2007

I noticed that and my ABC locked-up as well. ESPN ran fine for an extended time. I suspect there is a LIL issue that will swell as the days go on.

17. infn8zero

infn8zero New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I had a CSR suggest a factory default reset of my HR20-100 and I reluctantly agreed since my To Do List is a mile long on that receiver. But since my last post, I have not had any lockups on any channels. Now I'm going back through and figuring out what the wife had recording before she figures out the list is gone.

:hair:

18. PCHDTV

PCHDTV Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    Ugh. So you did a reset from the system setup menu? I think I'll wait and see what happens before I go that route. Thanks for the info.

19. rajeshh

rajeshh Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    I have had this issue for several releases now. If I am watching a recorded program, and turn off the receiver to stop watching it ( I don't know if this is the only case when this issue happens, but it definitely happens in this case). When I come back and start watching a different recorded program, for a brief instant. before starting to play the new program, it will show me the last frozen frame from the last recorded program I was watching before turning off the receiver.

20. infn8zero

infn8zero New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Yes, I had to do a "Reset Everything" from the menu and still so far so good.