1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100: 0x146 - Discussion / Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tom Robertson, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    National Release: 04/21/2007
    Manufacturer 100 - 0x146

Release Notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=85969

PLEASE DONT POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted
    You can post those HERE

National Release:
    All HR20-100s should have 0x146 by 04/22/2007

When listing issues, the more detail the better Simply put... the more detail you can provide the better the feedback.

Revision History: (Note Builds that did not go national, are no longer listed)
    HR20-100
    Version 0x12a (~03/21/2007): No discussion thread

The Original HR20-100 Review Thread
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=83811

Tips and Tricks Threads
    Official Tips and Tricks
    Unoffical Tips and Tricks v2.9

Unoffical Feature Request Survey
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=80600

Unoffical eSATA Feature Discussion
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201[/QUOTE]

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Since this is the very first national release of HR20-100 software, a separate issues thread seemed warranted. Please make sure you log your issues in the correct thread. :)

Thanks,
    Tom

3. KapnKrunch

KapnKrunch Mentor

Nov 2, 2006
    I am happy to report that the IAMANEDGECUTTER backdoor works with the update.

In case you forgot, the instructions are here

4. Duffinator

Duffinator Legend

Oct 24, 2006
    I received 0x146 overnight and all seems stable at the moment. The direct access to the guide trick now works.

Still no resolution on the KXTV Ch. 10 in the Sacramento DMA. Any word on that fix???

5. David Carmichael

David Carmichael Legend

Mar 11, 2007
    Receiver: HR20-100S
    Receiver Install Date: 04/21/07
    Software Version: Still Updating
    [did three updates since the install and now a fourth as I type]

Issue:1:
    Manual packaged in box is for the HR20-700 as the back lay pictured out is wrong:

Issue:2:
    Coaxial Digital Out Not working? Optical Out Works!

Receiver is a six month old Sony 7.1 110w/per Channel (STR-DG600) Has six digital inputs (Optical = 3/Back 1/Front; Coaxial = 2/back) Inputs and cables on receiver work correctly... as tested with other devices.

6. Inches

Inches Godfather

Jan 5, 2005
    I forced the upgrade and still wound up with 145!! What would cause that??

7. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    0x146 is only for the -100 model.

8. ronm

ronm Cool Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I had received this week a replacement for my HR20-700 (problem with HD locals on 2nd tuner) and was shipped a 100S.

Happy to report that as I was setting up my 100 this morning that it automatically went out and uploaded the new release of software.

Will be glad to report any issues with this new software.

Ron M

9. mthompso105

mthompso105 Mentor

Mar 21, 2007
    With this release, I noticed the info guide tells you if it is getting digital sound by saying English DD. But it does not correctly identify DD sound coming from an OTA channel.
    Mike

10. chris-in-hills

chris-in-hills Cool Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Since the release notes do not directly say a fix was done for the HDMI-related periodic audio "buzz saw" distortion on HD channels, I'm assuming that is still a problem. I'll update this thread if/when we hear the audio distortion with this new release.

And yes, local Sacramento area chan 10 is still missing with this new release.

11. bigjohn7

bigjohn7 Cool Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Yes,but the "missing" channel 10 starts up easier (pause about 5 sec. then fast forward & it plays fine.)

12. Duffinator

Duffinator Legend

Oct 24, 2006
    ???

13. CarolusMagnus

CarolusMagnus New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    I received the 0x146 update Saturday morning. I have only noticed one minor problem with the Guide grid.

With Native off, the last entry of the guide grid is cut off. It is less than half but still quite obvious. This occurs when tuned to either an HD or SD channel

With Native on, the problem only occurs when tuned to a SD channel. On all HD channels the grid displays correctly.

This prolbem did not exist with 0x12A. I actually realized I had a software update when I noticed this problem.

For the record I've had the HR20-100S since April 9.

14. lifesun

lifesun Cool Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The "Vertical Stretch" issue is still here! Not even a day and it popped again!:rolleyes:

15. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    It actually only occurs when you are on 480i resolution... and it is dependent on how the TV handles the Signal.

When you have NATIVE off, the resolution won't change ... hence why you see it on HD and SD. With NATIVE ON, you will only get it on SD channels... since the HD channels will change to a resolution other then 480i

16. CarolusMagnus

CarolusMagnus New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    At least I know what to call it now.

17. Aquos

Aquos New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was seeing some audio problems with the prior 0x12a code, but decided to wait for the first software upgrade to see if it resolved the issues. I've been on the new 0x146 for a couple of days and I thought things were ok, but I just realized that last nights recording of Desperate Housewives has an audio problem (though the way it distorts the audio is different now).

Should I get a replacement HR20-100? Has anyone else seen this problem?

18. bigjohn7

bigjohn7 Cool Member

Mar 23, 2007

It's strange, but if you tune to the D* hi-def channel 10 & you get the black screen, if you hit your "pause" button, wait about 30-40 seconds & hit the "play" then "fast forward" (x2), when it hits the end of the paused segment it plays just fine; you can back-up to the beginning & watch the whole thing, as-if the channel had no problems. It all goes away, though, when you change channels; you have to start it over.:( Would be interesting if other Sacramento users try it & post whether it works for you.

Same procedure works if you accidentally make an "all black" recording from ch. 10; that's how I found out- sheer frustration with a recording, started pushing buttons & the image came up.:confused: I am still using the D* hi-def ch. 10 for recording though, because my OTA ch. 10.1 is not as consistent with the -100 as it is with my -700 or my HR10 (picture blocks, sound drops) even with the new sw.

19. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Since the upgrade, I have not had the audio crackling, buzz saw, robotic sound when watching on the local HD channels. I watched a lot of HD content saturday/sunday on the locals, and did not have any sound problems since the upgrade. I'm very pleased.

20. robotman

robotman Cool Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Is there a link to known bugs in x146 release?

One bug I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is after I do a title (or other type of search) and it comes up with a list of matching shows. If I hit the (R) button twice, it still only shows one (R) disc even though it correctly sets up the series link. If I exit the screen and come back, the 3 discs are correctly shown.

So the operation of the (R) toggle is working, but the display of the series graphics is not. This little bug confused the heck out of me when I was first setting up my series links!

I know CIR is another big bug, but does it work at all right now? My HR20 thinks I receive EVERYTHING.

Anyways... is there a list of known bugs that I can see what other people have reported?

Thanks.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.