1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20-100 blinking Blue Ring..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jrodfoo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    I came home from work to see my HR20-100 with flashing/blinking blue ring.. RBR had no effect the few times I tried... then waited a few minutes and then it kicked in to the disk scan which i guess was fine, then downloaded the satellite info and now it's running with no issues. I didn't have it on when I left for work.

Do you guys think the Hard Drive is going bad?

Thanks in advance!

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Maybe, you caught it in the middle of a restart. Did you notice if the software version changed? After a restart the unit is left on.

3. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    software version didn't change. things seem ok now. I want to get a HR24 so I might be looking for one sooner than I thought though :)