1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 Esata Cable to Western Digital (320GB) External HD...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tele-TV, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    tag(s): hr 20 100 hard drive hard drive

Hey guys.

I'm looking for something for my HR20-100 HD DVR:

an Esata Cable to a Western Digital (320 GB; my Book - essential Edition]) Model # WD3200H1U External Hard Drive.

++ The USB PORT on the WD hard drive, is the kind that looks like, the "Chiseled" / Ceiling Crown Molding look-a-like," USB port head. Like the kind of port you see on the (first gen) Ps3's.
    -- If that makes sense. ++

Reason:

- I need to TRANSER the SHOWS OFF my HR20 100 because I will be calling D* back for just a simple replacement HD DVR Receiver [NO commitment / NO contract renewal], for a Constantly hissing sound coming from the receiver. Which is affecting everyone in my family's TV watching.

Notes:

- I already have the Western Digital hard drive, and have used it successfully to transfer saved PS3 games in the past.

- I checked online, brick & mortar stores, and even ordered a cable from Radio Shack. com, but it was not the correct one. It was hard to tell by the picture on the site, the description of it, and by the employee's help.
    That's why I should have came here first for help. And should always do that first. :)

?? So the big question is please, where do I find such a cable ??

?? And am I missing any steps after researching ??

Thanks for everything and you valued time!

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Recordings are "married" to your receiver, so you are unfortunately wasting your time trying what you're doing.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    What's you're "missing" is that these recordings can't be played on any other receiver since they've been coded to the hardware, and even the same model has a different coding.

4. JohnTSmith

JohnTSmith Legend

Dec 5, 2009
  5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    There are many simple/cheap ways to capture analog SD outputs.
    There are some more expensive HD analog capture devices too.
    There are no devices to capture HD digital, or to copy & playback the files on the hard drive though.

6. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Thumbs up Icon = Is me saying a SINCERE thanks for posting all suggestions.

Understood, by me in reference to sigma1914 's & veryoldschool 's First post that what I'm trying to do WON'T work. Unless i take time and will power to do suggestions posted by veryoldschool & JohnTSmith.

I just will have to watch the shows right away and the shows that I have been hoarding, if I really did care about saving them for future watching, I will move on to the next step.

Thanks again and I will make more of an effort to post on here. Instead of just popping in and checking the D* HD anticipation thread, LOL.

-- Matt