1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 Gray Screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Podkayne, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Podkayne

Podkayne Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    DVR runs fine for several days, then an occasional channel shows up as a gray screen, then more of them, then freezing video, then finally frozen DVR. Hard reset fixes the problem, then after about a week I must repeat the procedure.

I'd hate to lose this fine old DVR, since I've got over a TB of programming on the eSata drive that would go with it.

Suggestions...start with the BBC's and work out from there?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Post your signal strengths before the problem and after the problem shows it's ugly head. And, what model is this DVR?

3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I guess you didn't read the title of the thread?

4. Podkayne

Podkayne Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    After the problem arises the HR20-100 freezes tight. Before, all the signal strengths are adequate. I suspect the BBC's; but am open to other suggestions.

5. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    This is most likely the hard drive is on its way out, you should save your recorded programs off before you lose them. Hard drives don't last forever.

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Sorry, I got lost in the details. :grin:

My HR20-100 has spontaneously rebooted twice since this thread started. This must have jinxed it. ;)