1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 not black?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Agrajag, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agrajag

Agrajag Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    My mother had a new HR20 installed today and the installer brought along an HR20-100. I was interested because I thought that was the new black unit.

When I opened it, it was a typical silver unit. It also was stuck at one of the older 012 releases.

How likely is this box to get updated? My mother was so looking forward to 1-click Guide and now that's out for the time being.

On a plus side, the installer they sent out was great. She had two terrible installers out recently and both made the job worse for this guy. I called the contractors myself to try to get the guy who did my recent install and they assured me that even if I didn't get him, they'd send out a solid guy given the past history.

The guy was there for about 5 hours and did a wonderful job doing it all the right way for a change.

One oddity was that I set the HR20 to only output 720p and had trouble getting the HDMI interface to respond. Thankfully we figured out that the box was still set manually to output to 480. Changing that fixed things but I would have thought setting only 720p would mean you'd only get 720p sent out. That seems like a bug.

2. brittonx

brittonx Godfather

Dec 25, 2006
    There are two HR20-100 units
    HR20-100B is the black unit
    HR20-100S is silver

The -100 units are currently on an older software release. I believe they will be updated in the near future.

3. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    P Smith saw a 0x145 in the Beta stream for the -100. I'm guessing you'll see an update shortly.

4. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    I have noticed the same thing when making changes to enabled resolutions in setup. After making the change, the box sometimes stays on it's former resolution until you give it a manual "nudge". Once you have done so, however, it seems to behave from then on. A bug, but a minor one in the grand scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.