1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 tuner 2 problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rstokas, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstokas

rstokas AllStar

Oct 21, 2005
    I have the worst luck. My 700 went bad (just was slow). They brought out 3 100s already. Everyone of them could not get a good signal on tuner 2. they tried my other 700 and it worked great. the 100 keeps rebooting every 30 minutes as well. they are brining a 700 today, hopefully that will work.

anyone else notice wierd things with the 100 on tuner 2. my tech said tuner 2 is a bit lower on the 100 model. is that true?

2. JDubbs413

JDubbs413 Icon

Sep 4, 2007
    We (the tech and I) were going to install a HR20-100 at my house the other day but it was bad right out of the box. Had issues with finding 103b/103a and also the initial BBCs were bad.

3. oldcrooner

oldcrooner Godfather

Feb 23, 2004
    I had to send a new HR20-100 back about a week ago. Tuner 2 was intermittent..sometimes would work, showing signal levels equal to tuner 1...other times only 0s.....at other times nothing, not even 0s. D* sent a refurbed HR20-700 as a replacement and it's worked fine so far. Apparently quality control leaves a lot to be desired with these receivers. :(

4. rstokas

rstokas AllStar

Oct 21, 2005
    exactly my problem! 700 on its way today! fingers crossed.

5. urfast1

urfast1 Mentor

Oct 4, 2007
    I was having the same problem and it turned out to be a bad BBC. If you have taken the plastic cover off of a BBC you will see that there is very little contact made by the coax they used going into the BBC. I cut their ends off and put my own on (both ends) and problem solved.

6. tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com Godfather

Jul 12, 2006
  7. jonikr

jonikr New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    I had the exact same problem occur after my install of the 100 last week. I noticed when I couldn't view the mpeg2 HD channels on tuner2. I would get noticeably weaker transponder signals with a +5% differential between tuner 1 and tuner 2 across all sats. Tuner2 was then intermittent on the 110 and 119 birds -- sometimes I would get a signal weaker on tuner2 (mid 80's) than tuner1 (mid-90's), other times it would 0 out.

Cables and BBC's were swapped and the problem was reproduced with the same effect. The installer swapped out for a 700 receiver and signals are equal across both tuners and I receive the mpeg2 HD channels on tuner2 again (proven with recording).

As mentioned, the BBC's they are shipping out with the 100's have really flakey connectors, so if you have a coax crimp tool and extra plugs my installer recommend the small time investment in recrimping those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.