1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100 won't

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dave from Kazoo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Dave from Kazoo

Dave from Kazoo AllStar

Nov 28, 2004
    My HR20-100 decided to get real weird. My wife wanted the caller id to work. Some reason I have to do a reset(with the remote) to get it to work for a month or so.... OK she had left for the morning I decided time to do the reset. NOW heres the fun part. After the reset caller id works, BUT I can't change channels with the remote! I can go into the menu check the system setup etc. 2 more resets still won't work.(up/down channel key) Now the remote works fine on the bedroom H20 and the H20 remote would not change channels on the HR20. Then I did a red button reset. Still no go on using the up/down key but NOW I could mannually enter a channel number and the HR20 would change channels. This was driving me nuts. I gave up and called D*. Once I got a CSR and told her what was going on and what I had done, another red button reset. It wiped out the favorites list with last reset. Lost the locals(over the air, had to rescan). With help from the CSR(what ever had to be done on D* end) it now works again. What a way to spend my Saturaday morning.:hurah: :grin:

2. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    It is pretty common for the HR2x series to trash the favorites list...either entirely or partially after a reset. There's obviously some sort of data corruption to that list occurring. Not much we can do about it except add it to the bug pile.