1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-100S issues with Guide Channel Options, Soft Reboot, Loss of everything!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Pam, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam

Pam New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    I've had my HR20-100S since June. Since then I've been clearing off my DirecTivos of stuff I taped over the season, so haven't exercised the HR20 very much. But I have noticed the following odd behaviors -

1 - After some length of time (weeks?) all my Channel Guide Options disappear except All Channels. I have to reboot to get them back. This has happened several times.

2 - If I do a soft reboot, it hangs at step 1 of 2. I have to pull the plug to get the thing to actually complete a reboot.

3 - This week the box apparently soft-rebooted itself and hung. We pulled the plug and when it came back, all my recordings are gone and my todo list is empty. I can't say for sure it happened with this reboot, but it happened recently.

I have software version 0x17e. Do I have a bad box? Bad software? Bad luck? Thanks for your help. I searched the forum but didn't find anyone with these exact symptoms. Apologies if I missed it.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This sounds like a hardware problem. I would look into a new one.

3. Pam

Pam New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    I finally got around to calling D*Tv on this, and they are replacing the box. They say my issue #3 is a known problem, their engineers are working on a solution, and until then they'll send us a new box. We asked about additional financial compensation for losing all our data and they politely declined. I'm not real happy with that answer. Looks like I'll be double recording everything I care about on both the HR20 and on the DTivos. Why oh why did they dump Tivo?

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    #3 - Is the results of a system format, which the system can do if it detects corupted data or an issue with the drive.

As it being a "known" issue... yes... it is known that the system will do that, if it detects someting wrong with your drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.