1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-700 {CE:09:03} 0x197 - VOD Issues

Discussion in 'Service - DIRECTV On Demand CE Versions' started by Radio Enginerd, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Sep 7, 2007 #1 of 64
    Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Please post all issues with VOD in HR20-700 version 0x197 here.

Known issue: After download, it may take some time for VOD content to repopulate.

2. Sep 8, 2007 #2 of 64
    Just J

Just J Crivens!

Oct 11, 2006
    Don't like the change to DoD navigation. Before, after entering 1000, I could ChanUp to see other channels. Now ChanUp/ChanDn just move the highlight in the categories list. So to check out other channels, I have to go to the guide, I guess, or remember all the channel numbers. Do Not Like.

3. Sep 8, 2007 #3 of 64
    Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    I actually prefer the CH UP/DOWN to be within the VOD menu and not the PIG. They changed the wording, maybe on the last update but I didn't get it. It's now "More VOD".

Looks like Search has changed to put "The" at the end of a title if you select ALL. Used to be "The Bourne Identity", now it's "Bourne Identity, The"

4. Sep 8, 2007 #4 of 64
    cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Cannot punch 1000 when in playlist.

5. Sep 8, 2007 #5 of 64
    Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    On the "More VOD" menu I only get 2 VOD channels: 1003 and 1526 as I used to get somewhere near 15+ before. Could just need time to re-populate. It's been 45 minutes so far.

Note: As suspected, it's just taking awhile to re=populate. Slow and steady wins the race! ;)

6. Sep 8, 2007 #6 of 64
    cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Needs time to repopulate, I dont have any yet. LOL

7. Sep 8, 2007 #7 of 64
    richlife

richlife Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2006
    Need I say more? Give me back the chan up/chan down.

Edit: Oh yeah. I added some emphasis. :grin:

8. Sep 8, 2007 #8 of 64
    cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    MORE CHANNELS BUTTON!!!!!

Sheeesh.

9. Sep 8, 2007 #9 of 64
    cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Now relabled More VOD in 197.

+1
    Or use the guide. The the back arrow working as back, the navigation is really simple, (if you got to channel 1000 with the guide in the first place, which I seem to always do for some reason).

10. Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf Icon

Oct 26, 2005
    Option "More VOD" missing on several channels (TNT, Court TV and TBS).

As now we can not use channel up and down to navigate between the VOD channels, if a user is on a VOD channel, when hitting guide, the cursor should go on the selected VOD channel, right now it goes on the channel of the active tuner.

11. Alexandrepsf

Alexandrepsf Icon

Oct 26, 2005
    I do not know if this is a desired behavior. But if you have multiple titles in your VOD Queue (menu formerly named Queue), you cannot pause a download and move another title to the top of the list and download it instead of the paused item.

12. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006

There needs to be a way to do this. Often I am downloading a two hour show and want to start up and watch watch a 30 minute show and then have the 2 hour show resume.

Would be nice to allow people with the bandwith the ability to download two or more shows at a time even.

13. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Whie this is only a work around currently you can go to your que and select the item that is downloading. Select remove or delete or what ever wording it is and then select download later, doing this will move it to the bottom of the que and start up the next in your list.

14. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Many titles listed on 1526 Encore will not download.

15. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Was downloading Hot Fuzz (at least 60 done) and had 3 other items in the queue when I upgraded from 0x194 to 0x197. Upon startup Hot Fuzz was showing in my playlist but did not continue downloading. No items were listed in the queue. I had lost the VOD cache so i decided to check in the morning.

In the morning nothing changed, except the VOD guide filled in. I checked the time on Hot Fuzz and it showed that the recording was 0 minutes. I played it and the progess bar indicated it was 0 minutes too but it played a little more than an hour before asking if i wanted to keep or delete. I kept it. Searched VOD for it in hopes of resuming the download. Found it but could not download, only play. I had to delete the partial recording and then i could download again. I also had to reselect the other items that were in my queue when i applied the update.

16. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Unfortunately the download queue will reset when rebooted. This could very well be by design and not a bug. Either way it would be nice if that was changed in a future release.

17. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Figuredas much. Seeing as how downloads can take hours this is definitely somethingthat should be addressed in the fianl release. If not there will be lots of confusion / upsets every time there is a software update.

18. TomD

TomD AllStar

Sep 24, 2006
    VOD ACCESS

Really don't like the new way to access the VOD channels. I really like accessing channels using Channel UP/DOWN button. A lot of extra menu selections needed now. It wouldn't be that bad if all the VOD channels had a More VOD button..but they don't and you need to left arrow back to DoD channel or go to guide. If opinion is split on this topic then D* should make this a selection/choice in the Display Options such as Grid Guide shows that was added earlier this year

Noticed improvement with performance and user interface polishing

19. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio Icon

Aug 24, 2002
    zanesville ohio
    yeah my vod channels wont go up or down now, stays on channel 1000, but i can put the channel number in and it will go to it, or select it from the guide

20. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    I agree, also, in the name of Consistency, please don't have the generic buttons doinf one thing in one screen and a different thing in another :nono: