1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

hr20-700 copy protected encryption ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by ItsMeJTO, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMeJTO

ItsMeJTO AllStar

Dec 21, 2006
    Scanned and didn't find any direct answers to this question.

Does the HR20 DVI output include copy protected encryption.
    If so, all data or only copyrited movies ?
    There is now available an hdmi input/output pc-card by blackmagic.

comments welcomed.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    So far only the HDCP test channel, Ch201, includes any copy inhibit info. I suppose it might appear on other channels in the future, but DirecTV has not indicated anything.

I suppose the HDMI interface should work fine with newer HDMI PC Capture cards, but I haven't seen anybody here report one way or the other.

3. Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    I haven't really had any luck searching the web but my 2nd HR20 I wanted to run through the 24" widescreen monitor on my computer and have had bad luck trying to find either a DVI or HDMI capture card (heck Component even) anyone have advice on a manufacturer or reseller?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.