1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hr20-700 dolby digital optical output

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jyagnd, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyagnd

jyagnd Cool Member

Jan 9, 2006
    hi guys i currently have the hd tivo hr10-250
    i have an odd question
    currently i have an older pioneer dolby digital receiver with one optical in
    i have my directivo and playstation 3 connected to the one input with a y optical splitter
    when the directivo is in standby the red optical output turns off so that i can input playstation 3 and when the playstation 3 is turned off i can input directivo

to do this the unit i am not using must not output a light from the optical port

does the hr20-700 turn off the optical output when in stand by and is there a standy setting at all ? like directivo has.

i did notice the non dvr hd box h20 still outputs a light from the optical port when powered off

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I don't believe it does. But the -100 model has a digital coaxial connection also if you have a digital coaxial connection on your receiver.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I just checked my HR20-700. The optical output is still there when the box is in standby.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    How about a switch instead of a splitter?

5. ajwillys

ajwillys Godfather

Jun 14, 2006
  6. jyagnd

jyagnd Cool Member

Jan 9, 2006
    yea i just picked up the new hr20700 and it stays on i found an optical to coax converter on line for the playstation so ill be ok thanks for checking guys :)
    now how do i get on the beta testers for it
    so far it seems ok
    miss the tivo sounds but at least i got the 30 second skip
    i had issuses with the ir remote during install but the rf remote i ordered works great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.