1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20-700 OTA OFFICAL INFO

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by anubuslives, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 6, 2006 #1 of 11
    anubuslives

anubuslives New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    As per my last convo with d"s advanced tech support 12/5/06 23:08 , the ota is NOW not to be released untill early 2007 is this just going to be pushed back untill they think it is ready i would reather them tell us late 2007 and start it early then to keep giving us hope that we would have it and we buy all this equ for ota for locals and then then let us down by telling us that it will be a lil longer and all the csr's can say is what they have been told aka not thair fault but still , this issue needs to be addressed about why they set reasonaable expections and then lets us down just like th hr20-700. i will update this thread after my next call witch i will give them about a week, to see if i get the same answer. :nono2:

2. Dec 6, 2006 #2 of 11
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
  3. Dec 6, 2006 #3 of 11
    lguvenoz

lguvenoz Icon

Aug 22, 2006
    Nothing new there. The advanced support folks told me the same thing on Monday, and even said D* had updated all marketing and web site materials to reflect the change (something that was not done).

4. Dec 6, 2006 #4 of 11
    Rob55

Rob55 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    That's funny because I was at a DirecTV seminar yesterday and the "new unreleased " marketing materials we were given still said Late 2006 for OTA. Only 3 weeks to go!:D My guess is the info we received was probably outdated before it even goes public.

5. Dec 6, 2006 #5 of 11
    hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Unless we get it from Brother Earl, then it is "timely", as in 'real soon now':lol:

6. Dec 6, 2006 #6 of 11
    wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    Hey look......Another OFFICIAL OTA topic.

7. Dec 6, 2006 #7 of 11
    hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    As you may have noticed the HR20 OTA subculture is both irrepressible and a royal PITA. It's in our job description.:D

8. Dec 6, 2006 #8 of 11
    HolmesCo

HolmesCo Icon

Dec 4, 2006
    Ok for a week I have been reading about OTA and a lot of hullabaloo about it. I don't understand what it means. I know it measn over the air, but what does this mean as far as the HR? I have a roof antenna, hooked to my antenna input, and the HR on component. The HR brings in the same channels as the roof antenna as far as I know. The 3 'major' networks, fox, etc, and so does my directTV. What am I missing here? Why is this such a big deal? I guess I missed the memo? What is this going to mean for me when OTA is finally enabled? Maybe when I find out I will get all excited and wish they would hurry up, but right now I am fat, dumb and happy. :D

9. Dec 6, 2006 #9 of 11
    Meklos

Meklos Legend in his own mind...

Nov 7, 2006
    Some don't get HD locals through dish. For those that do, not all channels are delivered via the dish. Those that are come through at a lower quality than OTA. Also, no subchannels are delivered via the dish. OTA rarely goes out due to rain fade (if it does, your house is probably gone).

10. HolmesCo

HolmesCo Icon

Dec 4, 2006
    Ah I see, I had no idea about that. NOW I see why people are ticked off. Yes I get all the locals in HD. What do you mean by sub channels?

Thanks!

11. Meklos

Meklos Legend in his own mind...

Nov 7, 2006
    You might see:

4-1
    4-2
    4-3

-2 -3 are the subchannels. Usually a weather radar, or SD version, or if it's PBS it might be completely different programming. Here we have a station that delivers 4 different contents on 4 subchannels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.