1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hr20-700 & Sony 60" Sxrd Xbr2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kellen34, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellen34

kellen34 Mentor

Dec 15, 2006
    I just got this TV about 3 weeks ago and was wondering if there is any special calibrating that I need to know about? I've got the HDMI cable hooked up, but was thinking the picture would look a little better than it does. Still, it looks good, but not outstanding.

Maybe I've just gotten used to looking at it because everyone else says it looks great. One of my friends has a 50" Samsung DLP that was less than half of this TV a year ago, and his picture is as good or better.

2. greenwave

greenwave Legend

Oct 23, 2006
    I've got a Sony 40" XBR LCD, and while it looked great out of the box, I found that with a little calibration using a DVD tool the picture is outstanding. Here is a list of several well known calibration DVDs (I used the Avia Guide, worked fine):

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6463_7-5085739-3.html

While I think the SD PQ on the HR20-700 is pretty good, anytime you're watching something that is broadcast or filmed with low PQ the low quality is going to be exaggerated on a 60" screen. If you're not satisfied with the Sony picture on your HD channels I'd be surprised, but try some calibration and see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.