1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20-700 Swapout for 3D Debacle

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kcmrlitz, Oct 2, 2010.

1. kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    I just purchased a new Samsung 3D TV and I unfortunately have a HR20-700. As suggested here I called directv and they said they would gladly swap it out for free to a HR21 or higher. A couple of days later I received a HR20-700 :nono:. So I called directv and explained what happened and they made several notes about how I needed a receiver that was capable of 3D and I should send that one back and they would send another receiver. Yesterday I received a HR20-700 again :mad: I have told them I do not need the OTA functionality and even suggested that they uncheck whatever box there may be that indicates that on my account. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do differently to get the correct box? Has this happened to others? I'm afraid this will somehow mess up my bill with all of these receivers coming and going. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Call again and when you're prompted say cancel, that gets you to retention department that can usually cut through all the BS. Right off the top tell them you don't want to cancel but what your problem is, they should get it fixed quickly for you.

3. kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Well, I called back and said cancel and I guess I got to that department. I was put on hold for awhile and she said she was escalating it to her supervisor. After another wait she said they were drop shipping me a HR21 so we shall see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Good, hopefully that will get things corrected for you and you can start watching some 3D programming.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    If that doesn't work, ask if they will reimburse you if you get an hr24 online from solid signal..

6. kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    10 days later and no receiver. I guess it is back to customer no service again to see what happened.

Kevin

7. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    At this point do exactly as Inkahauts mentioned.

8. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Are your hr20s owned or leased?

9. kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    I have one and it is leased.

Kevin