1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 dead in Vero Beach, according to installer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by bret3d, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bret3d

bret3d New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Well, my attempt at hooking up my father-in-law with the HR20 in Florida has failed on the first attempt. From what I can gather, the guy was in a bad mood to begin with when he couldn't fit the new satellite dish on the same cemented pole as the old one. He had to remove a fence and reset the pole. Then he "tried" to install the HR20 but said it was dead, and left.

I'm not quite buying the "dead" part, but I'm very far away. I bought this HR20 from Best Buy here in Columbus and shipped it down. Best Buy is now sold out. So I called DirecTV to order from them. They are suppose to bring an HR20 to him on Sept. 29th and hopefully they can get one of them working.

My friend just got one installed here on Saturday and the sat guy had many problems getting it hooked up, DirecTV turned it on incorrectly as an HR10 so it sort of worked, and the reset button got stuck so it looked "dead". But he persevered and got it all working. I fear this other guy just got fed up.

Any advice I can give my father-in-law? On the plus side, he joked his install record is still perfect.

Thanks.

-Bret

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Is your Dad's HR20 installed? Can he connect it up? What seems to be "dead"?

3. bret3d

bret3d New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    It's not hooked up, they put it back in the box and he is back to using his TiVo. I really will have to wait until the new installer comes as Bob does not know component from composite so remote diagnosing would be really hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.