1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 DOD no go

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Skud, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skud

Skud New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Have my Hr20 connected to Linksys router via ethernet cable, connected to network, but internet not connected (22). I tried the ping the IP address of the HR20 and got only time outs. I then took the cable and connected it to my Laptop and to a tivo as well and I can get out to the internet on the laptop and the tivo can connect out to the internet as well. I tried to restart the HR20 and change ip addresses and no luck.

2. Igor

Igor Godfather

Jan 3, 2005
    I suggest power cycling the router.

3. Skud

Skud New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    did that :) I heard of someone else on the DTV forums have the same problem. I did not tho chekc what software version I have

4. TR-6060

TR-6060 Mentor

Nov 16, 2007
    Just an FYI that the HR2X units do not respond to ping requests.

5. Skud

Skud New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    ok well that will explain the pings, now just have to figure out why it won't connect to the internet :)

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What IP address is your HR20 assigning itself? Have you tried forcing a fixed IP address with the appropriate DNS address?

7. Skud

Skud New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    yes I did a statis ip with gateway and dns.

8. TigerDriver

TigerDriver Electronics Engineer

Jul 27, 2007
    Assuming your internet gateway and router both do DHCP, read this thread.

YMMY, but to get my HR21-700 to do a DHCP request, I have to null out (in Advanced Setup) all the address info before hitting Test Connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.