1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20 & Harmony 890 Remote (Questions about RF?)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by daytoday, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytoday

daytoday AllStar

Nov 14, 2006
    I just installed a HR20 and just purchased a Harmony 890 remote. Please help me with the following questions

1) Do I need a external RF Antenna for my HR20? DirecTV says I need the antenna, but I have also read that the HR20 has it built in. I don't see a place on the back of the HR20 for the antenna.

2) If I need a external Antenna, can I just buy the antenna? DirecTV does not list just the antenna?

Thanks!!!

2. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I have a question about Harmony remotes myself, and I'll ask in this thread rather than starting another.

If using it with the HR20, what do you do for the colored buttons?

3. jkirk

jkirk AllStar

Jan 26, 2007
    I'll try to anwer both posts.

I use the harm 890 and used the rf extension pod with good results.

As for the colored buttons, I added them using the custom area. it works great so far..

4. daytoday

daytoday AllStar

Nov 14, 2006

OK, Thanks!

5. wanderingheel

wanderingheel New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Is it possible to use the harmony (with the extension IR blaster pods) AND the HR20's RF remote at the same time? I'd love to be able to use the stock remote... umm... remotely. But to do that, I'd have to use RF and IR at the same time - RF for the stock HR20 remote, and IR for the harmony... unless anyone else has any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.