1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 hook ups

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rsirfus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsirfus

rsirfus Cool Member

Oct 11, 2003
    can you hook up more then one tv to the tuner? i was wanting to know if there is a way to split it off to different tv's in the house, but i only see that is has the hdmi cable and video/audio hook ups. was wanting to splice into it for my garage and use the same remote.

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    The HR20 has hdmi, component, s-video and composit video along with L/R rca or optical audio output (the HR20-100 also has a digital coax audio output). All of these outputs are live at the same time and you can connect as many as you like to various TV's, but they will all receive the same signal. You may need an RF modulator to connect the s-video or composite outputs run a cable to the garage.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    The HR20 had HDMI, component video, SVideo and composite video outputs, all of which are "live". So you could run a line to your garage. If it's more than 20-30 feet, you'll want to get an "RF Modulator" so you can send the audio/video over RF channel 3 or 4 to your garage TV.

4. rynberg

rynberg Legend

Oct 6, 2006
    Why use an RF modulator??? Component video can easily transmit 1080i over 100 feet....the only con is cost.

5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Depends on the TV being used in the garage. Most sets relegated to the garage are older ones that will have a cable input, may have composit and s-video and rarely have component.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.