1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 install screwed up Directivo.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jsbaker, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsbaker

jsbaker New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I have a SDDVR Directivo that I have had for 3 or 4 years. It is currently running tivo software instead of the directv software but I don't remember what version. So the tivo was working fine until saturday when I had an HR20 installed in another room. They had problems getting the HR20 to see that I have DVR service on our account, this is DVR #3. HR20, R15 and Directivo. They finally got the HR20 working but then that night I get a message saying the tivo service is not active in the directivo and gives me a number to call. Of course since it has hacked tivo software the # is for tivo customer service and not directv. I have refreshed my services on that receiver but I am not home to check it at the moment. If this does not work does anyone have any other ideas? Any think I can get it fixed by just calling tech support?

2. bto4wd

bto4wd Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Apr 17, 2007
    You'll need to call D*. During the install the CSR probably added/removed services over and over and eventually left off the one. Just call them and let them know your DTivo is no longer working.

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Yep, just call and tell them your Tivo isn't working and the exact error message you have on screen telling you the Tivo service isn't activated. They'll fix it up real quick.
    However, while you still have them on the phone once the Tivo is working again go and make sure the HR20 DVR service is still working.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Welcome to the forum, jsbaker!

I had a similar problem when installing but luckily the CSR was patient with me as I ran from room to room.

5. falken

falken Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    Tivo DVR service and HR20/R15 DVR service are actually 2 seperate services (if you have tivo you are charged for tivo and the other one is tagged as free).
    If the CSR goes through the process of removing and readding the DVR service the system should automatically ensure both services are added to your account if both types of receivers are on your account also.

6. ShiningBengal

ShiningBengal Godfather

Jan 24, 2003
    I wish you luck. I spent a total of 2 hours on the phone in 3 separate conversations to get (1) the service reinstalled correctly after DirecTV suspended it and (2) to get them to grandfather my lifetime DVR subscription as it had been for years following DirecTV taking over the billing from TiVo.

I was told that (1) there was no such thing as lifetime TiVo (2) that I would have to discuss the billing with TiVo (3) that it was separate, and they would grandfather the TiVo DVR's that I still had, but that I would have to pay for DirecTV HR20's subscription.

In exasperation, I finally told the CSR that I would take it to the State of Minnesota's attorney general's consumer affairs office if they didn't rectify the situation. I told them I had a stack of paid DirecTV bills all showing "Lifetime DVR service" (NOT TiVo): $0.00 on every one after one CSR insisted that there was no such thing as "Lifetime" DVR service.

And this is the company getting awards for customer service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.