1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 model 700 remote control issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by CouchTater, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CouchTater

CouchTater Cool Member

Dec 18, 2006
    In my continuing drama with my month old HR20 now my remote does not want to work. replaced the batteries, rebooted etc. Although the light works and you can see the receiver light blink when you point it either nothing happens or it only works after repeated tries. Took me 20 minutes just to setup to tape one show. Worked fine last night...today zip! Anyone else have this problem? Is it just me or is this the biggest piece of **** ever? Thanks!:mad:

2. hankjr

hankjr AllStar

Sep 30, 2006
    The game is about to start and now I'm having the same problem.

This SUCKS

3. hankjr

hankjr AllStar

Sep 30, 2006
    It's not the remote. It's the box. I have two remotes, the one that comes with the HR-20 and the Harmony 880. Both had the same problem at the same time and both mysteriously started working at the same time (about 15 minutes into the game).

The box just sucks and is getting worse with all the Beta testing that us users are made to endure.

4. HolmesCo

HolmesCo Icon

Dec 4, 2006
    I agree, had it happen with my two D* remotes, 3 times now, in RF mode and IR mode, no difference. RBR is only fix for me, sounds like that didn't even fix it for the OP which is really a bummer. See other thread here called It is software, where I an another have posted info regarding this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.