1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20/multiswitch question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Soulweeper, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm going to call soon to set up my HR20 install, and I know I'll be needing a multiswitch, and was wondering If I can trust whatever the installer brings, or should I buy my own ahead of time? I already but my own RG6 and run it from the dish to where my receiver is, so it doesn't get kinked, and it is one piece all the way. I've heard the Zinwell WB68 Multiswitch is good......is that what they normally use? Or, am I just in overkill mode?:D Thanks!

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The Zinwell WB68 is what you need for the new HD channels and that is what they should have on the truck to install for you.

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Basically the Zinwell WB68 is the only MS approved by D* IIRC. That's the only one the provide anyway. They will provide as part of the upgrade. However, you need to be very clear when you place the upgrade order and make sure it gets on the workorder. many installers will not install anything that is not on the workorder.

4. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    O.k. thanks..........on that note, is going from the H20 to the HR20 considered an upgrade? Reason I ask is I'm hoping they give me the HR20 free. I've been with them 10 years, and I will remind them of that, along with some other creative stuff.......hopefully it works to my favor:D

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You will have to call and ask what deal you can get. Everyone has been getting different deal. Totally free, 19.95, 99.99, 199.99, and 299.99.

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    That would be considered an upgrade. Whether or not that constitues a free one is something different. All you can really do is call....maybe multiple times until you feel comfortable w/ what is being offered.
    Obviously...just be polite and you have a good shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.