DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HR20 network question

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Michael D'Angelo 
#1 ·
Hi,

Will the dvr work with Windows XP Pro non-ViiV, or does it specifically need XP Media Center edition?

If it works with XP Pro non-ViiV can you please direct me where I can find assistance with setting up sharing thru Media Player 11?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks for the link.
I did not see if this works with windows XP Pro, can someone please confirm that this works with machines running XP Professional and not XP MCE.

Thanks

#4 ·
JerryShain said:
Thanks for the link.
I did not see if this works with windows XP Pro, can someone please confirm that this works with machines running XP Professional and not XP MCE.

Thanks
I'm running XP home on 2 computers at home. They're not XP pro, but they are networked to my HR20 with no problem. So I would think any XP edition should be able to do it. Others have had problems though so network setup might have something to do with it. It's hit or miss with some.

#5 ·
JerryShain said:
Thanks for the link.

Thanks
The HR20 works with XPPro using both/either TVersity and WMP11. I have had both media servers running concurrently. I have played music from one while simultaniously playing photos from the other. I am disapointed that videos of any type are not supported by the HR20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.