1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20 only plays recorded content

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Fuzzybear, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Legend

Dec 29, 2006
    I have an HR20 that recently started only displaying recorded content. I cannot watch regular television or anything that is in the guide. I do have connected home (whole Home) DVR service. My thought process is the receiver is shot and its showing recorded shows from other receivers. ??

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Can you provide a little more info as to what happens when you try to watch LiveTV? Also, have you performed a menu reset of the receiver?

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You can test your theory by going in to the menu and selecting just that DVR in List.

What happens when you select a live show from the Guide? A future show?

4. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Legend

Dec 29, 2006
    I will try all of the above tonight. thanks.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When watching live TV, are you getting any error messages, like searching for satellite signal?