1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20 Replacement

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Papa J, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    My HR20 is being replaced because it is defective. I do not have the protection plan but the only fee I must pay is the $21 shipping. There is no new contract required. I decided to asked the cs rep if he knew what the HR20 would be replaced with. He said it would probably be the same model. I hope he is wrong as I would like a box capable of 3D so I will be ready for my next TV. What are the odds of them actually shipping a HR20?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You should have told them you already had a 3DTV and they would be able to flag their system to send you a different model. Most HR20's are replaced with HR20's because you might be relying on the HR20's built-in off air tuners, which the other models don't have.

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    He doesn't have a 3D TV yet so no need. If and when he gets one he can call them with the error it provides.

4. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    When I get 3D, I have 2 HR20 units I will need to replace. They told me I am eligible for an free upgrade but that would only cover one box. Are you saying they would replace a unit because of an error code I would get when trying to watch 3D? I would rather do that then have to be committed for 2 more years.

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    yes

6. Papa J

Papa J Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    That is great news. Thanks for the input everyone.