1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 stopped sharing playlist with HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Tiger Tony, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Had whole home installed 2 weeks ago when I added a HR34 Genie. I have 2 clients and kept my HR20-700.

The whole system was working perfectly until this morning. The HR20 was sharing it's playlist with the HR34 and the other locations. Now the HR34 is only displaying it own playlist and sharing with the 2 clients. It does not show the playlist from the HR20.

It was perfect when the HR20's playlist was available at all locations. I want it back at that setup.

I reset both units and it never corrected the problem.

I assure you I did nothing to disturb the setup all connections and setting are exactly the same as before the problem.

Any Ideas? What should I do?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Try this:
    Shut down and unplug the HR34 and HR20 and both clients.
    Shut down your router.
    Restart the router and allow it 5 minutes to do housekeeping and startup,
    Start up the HR34, after it reboots fully, restart the Hr20 and the clients.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Couple of things to check. When viewing the PlayList on the HR34, make sure it is set for All and not Local. What happens when you view the PlayList on the HR20? Do you only see the HR20's PlayList or both the HR34 and HR20? If you go to Setup on the HR34 and check the Whole Home section, what receivers does it say are authorized? Do the same check on the HR20. It could be that the HR20 has been de-authorized. Lastly, check the setup info and post the IP address of the HR34 and the HR20. Let us know the results of your checks.

- Merg

4. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    jimmie57, Thank You!
    I did exactly as you suggested and it worked.
    You made my daughter very happy. Now she can watch all the recordings that she has saved on the HR20 in her bedroom. :hurah:

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Excellent.
    Glad it worked quickly for you.
    Thanks for the update.