1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Ultra Sensitive to numbers??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by christo76, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christo76

christo76 Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    Had my HR20 for 2 days now. Still trying to get used to it, and get my Harmony to work correctly with it.

Big issue I am having now is how sensitive it seems to be when I enter numbers.

Try to change to channel 296 (adultswim :) and it keeps doubling up some of the numbers, so it tries for channel 2296 or 2966. I sat in the guide for a minute trying over and over.

Has anyone else had this issue?

It has happened on the original remote but seems extra sensitive on the Harmony 880.

2. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    I did not experience this problem while using the original remote, and I am not experiencing it now with my Harmony. Try resetting the receiver.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Try changing the "inter-key" delay for the HR20 in the harmony setup. Increase it by 2x.

4. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Also try Troubleshooting under the HR20 in the web interface. Choose "Show me more problems" then "DirecTV HR20 doesn't appear to receive every command correctly." and finally "The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly)." You'll want to lower that setting. I use 0 for all of my devices except my AV receiver, which has to be on 1.

Putting that setting as low as possible for all of your devices will greatly speed up the remote.

5. rrbhokies

rrbhokies Legend

May 10, 2004
    A bit off subject, but what is the default setting (0 or 1)? I use a Harmony 628 with my DirectvTIVO and everything seems fairly responsive except the 30 second skip. It doesn't seem to stack and I have to pause between each press.

6. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    The default is 3, which I find to be way too slow.

7. Tim Sly

Tim Sly AllStar

Aug 22, 2006
    I went through the same kind of frustration. I probably spent 6 hours programming, learning, relearning and calling Harmony customer support till I finally got it right tonight.
    I have the Harmony 659. I kept getting the double punches, press a 1 and get 11 or111. Press fastforward and get 3x ff, etc, etc. I tried changing the inter-key delay and setting the special setting to 0 so it only sends on command. Nothing worked. I even learned all the RAW commands from the original remote, but it still skipped/repeated.
    They finally explained that it depends were the original remote was made because they can have slightly different languages for the same receiver.
    She set me up with the PVR HR10-250 settings (at least in the name) but all the buttons that it had worked, I just had to add the 30secslip and clear(dash) keys and it works perfectly controlling the HR20. No more double punches! I am finally happy but what a pain.

Also refer to this post: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=660460#post660460
    Titled: HR20 and Harmony 680

It looks like you can use the set up for the R15 or the H20 and the commands will work with the HR20. There is hope.

8. Frodtab

Frodtab Legend

Sep 16, 2006
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue with the original HR20 remote (not a Harmony remote)? My original remote doubles button pushes all the time.

Thanks.

9. Tim Sly

Tim Sly AllStar

Aug 22, 2006
    Because of these language differences among HR20 remotes, I would try to get a replacement HR20 remote from where you got it, saying it is flawed. The next one might work fine.
    Or get a good universal remote that can run all your devices like one of the Harmony remotes.

But you should be able to get a replacement HR20 remote if it isn't working right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.