1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Weird Behavior with Starz! Package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by untfan, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. untfan

untfan Cool Member

Nov 22, 2006
    I subscribe to the obsolete Total Choice package, and prior to the Starz! preview weekend I dropped all premium channels as I planned to subscribe to the Starz package to take them up on the giftcard offer.

Well anyway, I have a total of two receivers a HR20 and a R15. The HR20 is still receiving the Starz! package (only SD channels though) plus the Sundance Channel (CH#549). I am currently not subscribed to any premium channels at all - the R15 doesn't receive any of the aforementioned channels.

I've never seen this before in my 5+ years with DTV.

I was going to swap my R15 with a new HR20 in the next couple of days in a deal I worked with retention where I could buy my new HR20 retail. The R15 is my primary so they'll have to remove and readd all services at which point this "issue" will most likely correct itsef. A reboot probably would too.

Any ideas what is going on - Is the data stored on the access card stale? Not necessarily complaining, just wondering what happened.

2. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    Ya for some reason your access card is still partially authorized for starz channels, it will probably refresh within a couple days and they will be gone. Next time before you remove something if you pull your access card out, then remove your programming you will get it for a few more days before it refreshes as the card won't get hit with the deactivation since it would be out of the receiver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.