1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Wish List: Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Doug Brott, Feb 9, 2007.

Include "Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot"?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 9, 2007 #1 of 17
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Should we include Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot as a new item on the HR20 Wish List Survey?

The HR20 Wish List Survey is a perpetual Survey that we are using to rank features request. Please feel free to participate so that we can improve the accuracy of the results.

2. Feb 9, 2007 #2 of 17
    tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Yes. I didn't realize until yesterday that it wasn't there.

3. Feb 9, 2007 #3 of 17
    Darwynz

Darwynz AllStar

Feb 8, 2007
    While you are making a wish list; I would love to see they either add sounds for FFWD/RWD, entering a menu, running into live (like tivo sounds) or give the ability to use the network to add sounds of our choosing (WAV, MP3) via the network. I just miss the sounds, it was how I knew I was doing something ;)

4. Feb 9, 2007 #4 of 17
    Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Check out the discussion thread for all of the features that have been requested. This feature and many more can be voted on now.

Enable "Sound Effects" as shows in the photo on p. 29 of the manual is currently #51 on the HR20 Wish List Survey

5. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Day 2 Voting Opportunity

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Aren't we so "married" to our boxes that we know every little hiccup, sneeze, or reboot?
    Haven't voted. :)

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I think a section in the setup screen for uptime may be more useful than just a last reboot date.

8. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm just curious about why someone doesn't want this to go on the Wish List.

9. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    The information is already included in the setup test and the history list. I can also tell a reboot was done by seeing the bright blue lights, which I dim after getting an update.

Bill

10. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    Bill,

I just went back through History and could not find any reset listed. (List > Yellow Button > History). I had to reset a second time after ox126 and again after 0x12a but neither are listed.

I went back through Info & Test and can't find it there either. (MENU > Help & Settings > Setup Info & Test. It accurately shows my last software upgrade but not my last reset.

Bill are your sure? Does anyone else have a note of a reset in the History or in Info & Test?

- Craig

11. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Sounds like they may be putting this on the network and is being sent to D*, if it is connected, and D* seems to think it is important.

Why not add a line in the info screen!

12. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I go a wish list request. My playlist you should be able to group them in folders. Say one folder for each family member. or all sports something like that.

13. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Sorry, I am indeed seeing software updates, not reboot/reset. Still I would prefer D* addressing more serious problems rather than adding something like time/date of resets. I have only had to perform a couple of resets myself when screen froze in the month that I've had a DVR.

14. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No worries Bill, but this is a question as to whether or not it should even be on the Wish List. Once it is on the Wish List, we will be able to determine how it ranks. Clearly you would rank this one low, but I am of the mind that this is a very simple addition to the code, I suspect it's more a matter of whether or not the design team wants to put it in or not.

15. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The results are in ... Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot has been added to the HR20 Wish List Survey today. If you have voted in the past, you can vote again. Your most recent votes will be tallied over any votes you may have cast in the past.

16. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    As the guy suggesting it, may I say, WOO HOO!

17. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks once again Brott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.