1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR20 won't turn on unless at least 1 tuner is connected to the dish LNB?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by pclausen, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pclausen

pclausen Cool Member

Dec 29, 2005
    So I took my HR20 over to a friends house to play back some content that I had recorded to compare the picture quality of his cable service.

Well, the unit apparently has some sort of sensor that won't allow it to boot up unless it senses an active satellite signal.

Is this really the case?

If so, is there a way to trick it into turning on anyway so that I can access my recorded content without actually being connected to anything but power (and a display of course.)

2. jonaswan2

jonaswan2 Icon

Oct 29, 2005
    Yep that's the case with all Plus DVRs (the R15 and HR20), and no there is no trick to get around it.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    As of right now yes that is the case. Directv tried to fix the problem about 2 or 3 months ago in a CE update but it did not work at all so they pulled it. I assume they are still working on fixing they problem.

4. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    the trouble is the loss of power and signal. You can pull that off if you put it on a battery back up and carry both at the same time to your friends house.

5. pclausen

pclausen Cool Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Thanks for confirming this. The UPS idea would work although it would be a real pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.