1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR20 Wouldn't Turn On until

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Fore, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fore

Fore Cool Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Just a bit ago, my HR20 wouldn't turn on. Yet, funnily,the rec. light was on. I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. Nothing, tried a secong time and it started and rebooted to normal functiong. Do you all think I might have a deffective unit? (It's only 3wks old) Or is this sometimes normal?

Thanks for the help!

Fore

2. Dwrecked

Dwrecked AllStar

Mar 1, 2007
    If it gets to be a common occurance, its definitely bad, otherwise it could be just a glitch.

3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    How are you connected? I have heard of people connected via HDMI having similar issues due to some incompatibilites.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Could be just a glitch. Sometimes, rarely, the HR20 will not respond to the remote. Did you try turning it on via the front panel?

5. Fore

Fore Cool Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Thanks for responding back everyone. Yes, I tried using the front panel's power button too with same results. I'm just going to assume it was a glitch, but will ask for a replacement if it recurrs.

Thanks again!
    Fore

6. m4p

m4p Legend

Apr 12, 2007
    I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago and it never happened again. So hopefully for you it was just a glitch too.

7. DeathRowsFinest2g

DeathRowsFinest2g Mentor

Sep 13, 2007
    This happened to me the other night also. My setup is an HD-DVR-700 connected via HDMI. I had to unplug it from the power and plug it back in.

8. SeaCWest

SeaCWest Mentor

Sep 14, 2007
    Same here. I think it was last Thursday or Friday night? Same as Fore, nothing was working on remote or front panel except the yellow record light was on. I did not schedule any recordings. My unit also is only about a month old.

I know greywolf won't like this, but since I couldn't get to the menu, I did a red button reset. It seemed to take longer to boot, but maybe I was just being anxious. All is working normal since.

I am not using the HDMI.

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It's possible that there was some file system corruption, that's why it took longer to boot.

A red button reset is ok if you have no other choice, we just ask that if you do have another choice, you use the menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.