1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR21-700 very slow

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by hehateme, Dec 9, 2012.

1. hehateme

hehateme Mentor

Jan 27, 2008
    My HR21-700 has been running well for many years. In the past month something has changed and it is sluggish. Sometimes I have seen it restart itself. I had a external drive in this setup but I removed it.
    When I press list button it takes 10-20seconds to see it. When is elect a program to play button it can take up to 30-40 seconds to view the program.
    Changing channels is also slow.
    I have reset the receiver.
    I have run hardware diagnostic test but no errors were found.
    Non DVR receivers are running fine.

I have equipment protection plan. I am looking for any suggestions to get my DVR replaced or this issue fixed.

Thanks

2. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I would tell them that the DVR died and send me a Replacement.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    What software version is on it and when did it install itself ?
    Press the Info button on the remote and hold it down for 3 to 5 seconds and the system info will come to the screen.