1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR21 cutting out, loosing buffer.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tuquala, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    Two times in the last few days, my HR22 has gone to black screen for 2-4 secs, and then back to the program we were watching. But the buffer is gone, and can't back up if wanted. Unit does not reset or reboot, just goes "dead" and then back on. One of the times, I thought the weather may have been the culprit, but the second time weather was clear and beautiful!! Also, the glitch seemed to happen aboot the same time, around 5:50 pm Pacific time. Any thoughts??

Also, why when you pick "stations that you recieve" in the guide selections, does almost all of the selections still show up????? Last weekend, those that I couldn't get, showed up and I could pick and watch. Now back to some gone, and some still show that I can't tune.
    Liked the old RCA & Sony guides where you could uncheck stations that you couldn't get or did not want on the guide. Other than going through the whole guide to build a custom list, I can't find an easy way to only show stations that I want to have on the guide.

Tanks in advance!!

Gerry

2. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Is there a tree near the line of sight from your dish to the satellites? "Last weekend, those that I couldn't get, showed up and I could pick and watch" implies that something is blocking a portion of the signal, some of the time. If that thing moves, it could also block other signals.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Does signal loss necessarily whack the buffer?

Even turning the DVR off shouldn't impact the buffer IIRC.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I think that signal loss would lose the buffer. If you run any system tests, buffer is lost...

5. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    For the past many years, signal loss has not "whacked" the buffer. This was a dead screen, no sound, no messages, just 2-4 secs of nothing, then back to channel and no buffer.

What I meant aboot the guide comments is that channels that I DON'T subscribe to, showed up and I could watch them if i choose. Then back to my normal guide which still shows some of those (but not all) but they cannot be watched. Really strange guide action.