1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR21 DVR diagnostic code 14-007

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tony9, Apr 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tony9

tony9 New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I have a full screen message asking me to re boot....... I unplugged for 12 hrs ..... after re boot the same message. My "list" of DVR recordings is now gone :( - has anyone had this "code" problem previously?

thank you

2. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    It's dead. See the link in my sig.

3. tony9

tony9 New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    thanks Robert ........... its a leased DVR of course ......... I should call DTV directly and they'll have me return the "dead" unit ? ........ then a replacement will be sent back to me ?

I hate having to make a home service repair schedule, my hours are always changing ( I'm on call) - I'm hoping this simple exchange can be done with no home service scheduled. Any reply is appreciated. Thank you.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    They will send you a receiver and then an empty box to return the dead one.

Just tell them you got that message and they will know the tech can't do anything to help it, most likely. If they try to send someone out, try calling and getting someone else :p

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    They will probably charge you $20 for shipping but that should be it.

6. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Unless you have the protection plan.

7. tony9

tony9 New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    thank you to all who replied !

8. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    That's true.

9. bsather

bsather Cool Member

Aug 10, 2008
    My HR21-200's drive just crapped out..and of course they sent me another HR21-200. Looks like someone ice skated on the top of it. Refurbs...ugh. And the HR21-200 is the worst with those two fans in it. Good thing the HR24 is ordered, the 200 is going back.