1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR21 Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MikeR7, Feb 15, 2009.

1. MikeR7

MikeR7 Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I took advantage of the loyalty offer and ordered an HD DVR, my fourth. I received a refurbished HR21. It works fine until I try to record something. The recording works ok, but I can't watch live TV, I get the "searching for signal..(771) error on all channels. When I stop the recording, live tv comes back. Is this a common bug? It has the latest NR on it.

I haven't tried calling support yet, but I will sometime this week.

This is the first problem I have had with any of the DirecTV™ boxes I have gotten including two H20"s. :confused:

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Either the second tuner is failing or the LNB/coax/BBC it's connected to is failing. Most of the time it's one of the latter, but it could be the former. Call DirecTV for a service call.

3. MikeR7

MikeR7 Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    Thanks for the thoughts, it made me think that I hadn't tighten up all the connections, and sure enough when I did the problem seems to have gone away. Sloppy do it yourself install. :nono2:

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I am moving this to the "DIRECTV HD DVR" forum.