1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR21 Rename Manual Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jamisonweber, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamisonweber

jamisonweber New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    I just got DirectTV at the end of December and so far I am loving it.:D

I know that I can set manual recordings with the HR21, for example, to record M-F at 12:30 on a specific channel. However, when you push List it comes up listed as a "Manual Recording". Since my kids have several shows that I wish to record this way I wanted to know if there is any way to change "Manual Recording" to the shows name.

Right now I have it set to record every instance of their shows on a specific channel and use the Prioritizer to deal with any conflicts but would rather have it set the other way.

Is there a way to change that?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    First welcome to the forum. :welcome_s

I don't use manual recording but this may help.

When you're in the playlist hit the menu button. There you'll find options to sort and categorize recordings.

I don't know if this applies to manual recordings but I think it's the only options for sorting recordings.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I make a couple of manual recordings and play around.

In the mean time play with it yourself and maybe someone else will have more info.

Mike

3. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    No, sorry.

But if you are new check out these resources:

From the HD DVR FAQ:

Is there an easy way to get started?
    5-Minute Quick StartUndocumented HD DVR PLUS Tips & Tricks

What can help me transition from TiVo? How do I get Suggestions?
    TiVo Users Survival GuideBetter Suggestions than TiVo!

- Craig

4. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    Can I ask a simple question... Is there a reason you are using manual recordings rather than a series link?

5. jamisonweber

jamisonweber New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Old habits die hard.

I had that option with TWC and was looking for ways to set it up again.

My kids have me record lots of shows for them, some of them play during the evening and I was looking to stop that so that there would be no chance of conflicts. So far the prioritizer has not failed me but I don't want to be me the day one of the wife’s shows does not record.

I will just have to get in the habit of checking the "To Do List" regularly.

Anyway,

Thanks for the help. :goodjob:

6. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    The annoying thing about manual recordings on the HR2X is that they show with the correct title as long as the guide data is still in the index. After 2-3 days, it reverts to "manual recording". I have griped about this for months - this is one aspect where TiVo does it right and stores the program information.

My wife has three manual recordings set up because the Series Link/Season Pass is not selective enough for what she wants. If there were a way to say "only record the Thursday airing of this show", that would help a lot.

7. jamisonweber

jamisonweber New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    That feature would be great!!:icon_bb:

8. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    I think your life may be easier if you schedule the series links and rely on the prioritizer. You can still check the todo list if you're paranoid.

9. jamisonweber

jamisonweber New Member

Dec 19, 2007

That is what I am doing now, just wanted to know if there was a better way to do it.

Thanks for the help!

:goodjob:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.