1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR22 0x3DE/H23 0x43DE Has Wrecked Flawless MRV Via Ethernet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by adamson, May 26, 2010.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    Well folks hope your ready for the updates to come. MRV has now become a pixelated mess. The firmware as titled is the actual revision numbers. Why is the HR22 0x3DE ? Firmware listed on HD Receiver forum is different. Anywho Directv you suck big time!!!

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  3. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Um, mine is/has been fine on this firmware...

4. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    I haven't noticed any problems, either.

But if they do optimize for DECA, it shouldn't come as a surprise... that's how they expect it to be hooked up. :grin:

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    And yet you keep the service. :nono2::rolleyes: If they suck that bad maybe DirecTV isn't for you.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    How is your system setup?

7. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    I reverted back to old software. All is working again. 0x3de HR22-100's, 0x43DE H23-600 caused jittery live tv all tvs, jerky playback from originating dvr, major pixelation MRV via ethernet. I just upgraded my linksys cm100 and wrt54g2 to a combo router/modem Netgear CGD24G before forcing this update and everything was working well (1 week abouts) and worked on old set up too. I disabled firewalls before reverting backwards in software...no effect same issues. It is obvious its software. I guess I will be unplugging my equipment to prevent updates so I can watch what I have recorded. Then find a new provider. Directv needs to get their act together on this and not go national. Somehow I always felt they would destroy MRV via ethernet real quick and it seems this next update will do just that.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well, I am on an unsupported Ethernet system, All the latest firmwares, with two units being hooked up deca and 6 via ethernet, and all mine are working fine even going between deca and Ethernet... SO its not the software by itself.. Something about your setup is causing the issue....

Also, they have said, ethernet is unsupported.. If you want what directv offers nationally, you need to go deca, period.

9. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    MIne is working fine, even via a slingbox. I'm 1300 miles from home watching "unsupported" MRV with absolutely no issues on my computer and my iPhone.

Maybe it is time for you to go to a new service. Seems you can't support the system that you decided you wanted, even though D* said they wouldn't support you over Ethernet.

So either get DECA or stop complaining about something that you need to fix.

10. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Curious, how were you able to revert back to the old software?

11. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Since 0x3DE is currently only in the stream overnight, you can revert to 0x3A8 but will get the upgrade again automatically.

No issues here with the new version.

12. say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Same here - DECA & Ethernet mix and all is fine.