1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR22-100 at "End of Life"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by maerativo, Dec 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    Called DTV because scheduled recordings not occurring due to error 39. Satellite signals were low or non existent. The CSR told me that they needed to scheduled a service call. Service tech arrived and diagnosed that the LNB was bad as well as the SWiM16. He replaced them and rebooted the system to find that the HDD in my HR22-100 was having problems. He replaced the unit with a HR24-500 and the system was back online. He told me to call DTV and request a return shipping box for the old unit. The CSR told me that DTV did NOT want the unit back, just pull the access card out and recycle the unit. CSR would send out an envelope to return the access card. CSR told me that the HR22's were at "End of Life" and didn't want them back.

In the past month DTV has installed a new HR44-500, HR24-500, SWiM16 & LNB all free of charge to me. Nice Christmas presents. Thanks DirecTV. :dance01:

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Bad SWM16, LNB and a lame HDDVR all at once, OUCH!

Do you suspect a lightning strike? Or just bad mojo ?

:coffee

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yeah, DirecTV does seem to be clearing their inventory of pre-HR24 equipment.

4. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    No lightning strike. Everything is on UPS so not even power spikes. I think it was a combination of six year old equipment and Murphy's law.

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You had a working 22-100 for 7 years?

Rich

6. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    It was six years ago that I upgraded my home entertainment system to HD. If my memory serves me right. That's when I got the new HR22-100's. I have all my electronics on UPS's.

7. swyman18

swyman18 Legend

Jan 12, 2009
    I've had two HR22-100's working for 5 years now. While excruciatingly slow and clunky, they have actually been more reliable than my HR24-500.

The 22's are like a big, slow, ugly jeep that just keeps plugging along. When I got the 24-500, it was like a fast, flashy sports car (at the time) but eventually started acting flaky.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Oh yeah, I could tell you stories about wacky 500s that I've had. But to have had 22-100s running reliably for as long as you have, you must be a lucky soul. The one and only 22-100 I tried lasted a week, followed by a 23-700 that lasted a week.

Rich

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I gather you've never heard of the Curse of Mike Greer? You reading this, Mike?

Rich