1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hr22-100 no music & pics. in menu option

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mitchrs, Dec 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dec 3, 2008 #1 of 10
    mitchrs

mitchrs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Does any body with a HR22-100 able to see music and pics. on their menu list . I am connected to a home network and I can download VOD . Just don't see the line as an option when you push the menu button. I'm using WMP 11 which sees the hr22-100 as DirectvMediaShare Renderer,

2. Dec 3, 2008 #2 of 10
    MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Yes I have 2 and both of them work. Now what program are you using to media share? If it's WMP11 go in to the program and "allow" it. Then music and phots will show up

3. Dec 3, 2008 #3 of 10
    Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    My systems sometimes drop the Music selection as well. It does not seem to be for any rhyme or reason but it has always taken a reboot of the DVR before it would establish a connection back with WMP11. Now if I start up a Nero home server, it will usually put the selection back into the menu within a minute or two.

4. Dec 3, 2008 #4 of 10
    mitchrs

mitchrs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    wmp11 library> option> config share yes I did that. It shows Directv MediaShareREnderer. and my music folder is shared on the home network.

5. Dec 3, 2008 #5 of 10
    mitchrs

mitchrs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I dont have a line in the dvr menu that says music and pics.

6. Dec 3, 2008 #6 of 10
    MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    reboot your PC and see if it pops. Sometimes thats wokrs out. The HR22 gets the que from WMP11. You can also try to RBR the rieciever. I would do the PC first though.

7. Dec 3, 2008 #7 of 10
    mitchrs

mitchrs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Thanks I tried that first the pc then the dvr,no change. I used the red button on the front. should I try the reset in the setup menu, not reset everything line but the factory default. also tried unpluging router to dvr. Note I am using a 2wire gateway for my home network and it see the dvr windows firewall is turned off as the gateway is firewalled.

8. Dec 3, 2008 #8 of 10
    BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    There may be settings in the 2wire that are blocking internal traffic. As a test, you could connect the PC directly to the 2nd ethernet port on the DVR and see if the media share options show up.

It seems to me that when I first setup the media share with WMP11, I had to first reboot the PC and then reset to DVR. After that the menu item showed up.

9. Dec 3, 2008 #9 of 10
    mitchrs

mitchrs New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Thanks I will try that when I get home. One thing I can download Video On Demand to the DVR with no problem

10. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    I believe VoD uses a standard internet protocol/port (ftp/21) that is usually not blocked by default. I was able to connect to the internet and download as well, but Mediashare will not work unless I disable my Norton Firewall on the PC (too lazy to figure out which ports to open).