1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR22-100 Remote stops working except Menu/Guide/Exit

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by EJB, Sep 7, 2013.

1. EJB

EJB Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    Did a search before posting and see where some folks had similar problems back in February, but nothing recent. In one room I have an HR22-100 that is a replacement unit I got a few months ago. Twice in the last week (including about 5 minutes ago), the remote suddenly stops working. I can press Menu, Guide and Exit, but no other buttons work. I tried the remote from the other room thinking it might be the remote or the batteries, but the same thing happens (Menu, Guide, Exit are only keys that work).

Last week a RBR fixed it. Will try the same thing this time once the current recording is done. Has anyone else seen this lately. Any suggestions?

EJB

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Try a Guide data flush by rebooting twice. But, this time go to the Settings page and go to Reset and use the top reset option. As soon as the 22 is done rebooting, do it again. It will take about 24 hours for the Guide to repopulate. If that doesn't solve your problem call Retention and tell them you're not happy with the 22 (it's a terrible DVR) and see if you can get a 24. And stay away from that red button.

Rich

3. EJB

EJB Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    Thanks Rich! Will give it a try.

EJB