1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR22-100 Setup Screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jaytee946, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Jaytee946

Jaytee946 Mentor

Jan 29, 2008
    Picked up (Costco) and self installed a HR22-100 to complement a Vizio HDTV, ran the setup and it stalled at searching for satellite info. Rebooted and it downloaded new software 0x02D7, then stopped on the screen that says call D*. I did and the CSR helped me with the rest of the setup, except she & I where stumped at one of the screens (see attached picture). I just continued with the setup and all my HD channels showed up and the PQ is great. Checked satellite signals and 101 readings are 95 to 100’s, 99(c) are 79 to 89 and 103(c) are 69 to 83. Currently I don’t get any errors (searching for signal’s, etc. and no rain fade. I have also check channels 480 & 481 and they both pass.
    My question is what is the attached picture telling me?

Thanks

HR21-700
    Panasonic TH-42PX60U Plasma
    HR22-100
    Vizio VX37L
    SL-5
    Zinwell WB-68

Attached Files:

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    103c and 99c have to be above 80 on every single transponder. Otherwise the Installation VErification will start giving you red X's.
    You should tweak your dish to have higher readings on those sats

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I read elsewhere on here that your receiver has to be activated for you to even receive any signal from 99 or 103. You can disregard the error when setting up a new receiver until it's activated.

4. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Signal is there. It needs to be there so IV can verify it
    Unless you can get a waiver it needs to be corrected to activate it,.

5. Jaytee946

Jaytee946 Mentor

Jan 29, 2008
    The CSR reset & activated it, then deactivated my old SD DVR, so I assume 103c & 99c signals need to be tweeked.

6. satseeker

satseeker New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The exact same screen was displayed to me on my Costco HR22-100 initial setup. I did the re-test and the screen never came back.

The unit worked excellent for about 2 weeks then the guide started to flake out and channels started disappearing. I only had 50% of the guide working, the screen saver came on for no reason and it would start up by itself.

D* sent me a new box (matte finish) and it won't even start up right, it wouldn't get by the 'call D*' screen.

I am currently waiting for my third box.

I really hope you have better luck.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Not true.

When I setup my new HR21 a couple of weeks ago I got signal failure on 99 and 103 and I ignored the error. I called and activated the unit and then I had signal.

8. Paul E Fox II

Paul E Fox II Legend

Jul 6, 2008
    I had the same error on the first box, HR21-100, and it activate but I had NO HD Channels what-so-ever.

We were given an HR22-100 for the second box and everything is fine. I wasn't there when the tech installed it but my wife said it went fine and there were no problems.

9. sue1106

sue1106 New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Had few experiences with HR21-100s. reserched some and found out that seems software problem.. once I change to SWM and pass the SETUP screen or change receiver to HR23. or in this case you can just ignore and select CONTINUE. if it say GET WEAVER you are screwed.. go back to dish selection screen and choose ROUND dish to pass the setup and later change to SLIMLINE3 / SLIMLINE5 you still see 103 fail but you will not see the GET WEABER but CONTINUE.. took 7 hours in my customers home and rollback nextday. ^^;

10. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    If anyone has been paying attention to the Tech Bulletings, the -100 attenuation issued has been addressed in the current software release.

11. Jaytee946

Jaytee946 Mentor

Jan 29, 2008
    RobertE; I always respect your replies, but I’m just a consumer who installed a new DVR and asked a question pertaining to a particular setup screen. I assume the “Tech Bulletin” you referred to is for D* technicians, so I wouldn’t be aware or have access to it? Can you give me a little more info?

Thanks