1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR22 Froze

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rabushka, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    I have two receivers in my living room. An HR24 and an HR22. I was trying to program the HR22 so I could use one DirecTV remote with both receivers when it froze. It now will not respond to the remote. Doing an RBR reset did not help. The receiver is stuck on channel 4.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    In order to best help you, we need more information. First, can you still access the menu on the receiver by using the buttons on the front of the receiver? If so, Go into the menu and select Remote control, then check the status of IR/RF setting, and receiver mode. Remember, when programming the remote, there are two steps. 1. Placing the remote in whatever mode you are attempting to set up. 2. Placing the receiver in the same mode. For example, if you set the receiver to RF mode, but do not program the remote for RF mode, they will not "talk" to each other.

3. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks for your reply. The front panel controls are still working This is what I did.
    Remote to AV1, Press mute select, after two blinks I entered 00001, then slid remote back to DirecTV position. went to menu, settings, remote, receiver mode, the screen showed AVI/AV2 and then froze

4. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    So, when the slider on the remote is in AV1 position, the receiver does not respond?

5. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    Right. No response in any position. Stuck on channnel 4. I didn’t try unplugging it.

6. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Did you try changing the channel by presssing the guide button on the front panel then using the up or down arrows to select a new channel then pressing select? If you are still able to access the menu, then your receiver is not locked up. It is just not in the same mode as your remote. Set it back to Directv mode and start over.

7. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks for your suggestion. How do I set the receiver back toDirecTV mode?

8. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Front panel. Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Receiver mode. Change to DirecTV. If you want to reset the remote to defaults, press and hold the mute and select until the green light flashes twice, then enter 9-8-1. The green light should flash four times indicating the remote is reset to factory defaults. Then you can start over changing the settings. You will also have to reprogram the remote for the TV if you do the remote reset.

9. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    I manually went into the remote settings and the screen came up exactly where the receiver froze. I was able to select DirecTV in the receiver mode, I pressed done and the receiver now responds to the remote as before.

Thanks much for your help. I would not have thought to do this without your suggestion.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What a pleasant little thread! Kudos to both participants!

Rich

11. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    My original problem is the following. I have two receivers in one room. An HR24 and an HR22. Both receivers react to the remote so I am unable to record 4 different programs. I followed the DircTV on screen instructions for setting up the remote to control two different receivers only to discover that both receivers react to the same code 00001.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be appreciated.

12. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    On either DVR go to the advanced remote control menu and select "multi box set up" change that to "receiver 2" and follow the on screen instruction to program the remote as such

13. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    You need to make sure that you aren't programming both DVRs to respond to the other codeset when you do this. The easiest way I have found to ensure that is to unplug the power cable on one of them, and then program the other. Then you can plug the first one back into power and you should be good to go.

14. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and post back