1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR22 Remote IR Positive Fix ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by macsnjets, Dec 26, 2008.

1. macsnjets

macsnjets Cool Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Is there a positive fix for the HR22's remote control when operating it in IR mode ? I had a software update a few months ago which claimed to have fixed this issue but the symptoms still persist. When I'm in IR mode I get about 30 clicks or one hour before the receiver stops responding to IR signals. If I switch to RF, everything is fine. My problem is I have a Logitech Harmony One remote which is IR only. I need my reveiver to work ALL the time in IR.

Thanks for any help.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Turn down the brightness on your LCD. This should make things work better ..

3. macsnjets

macsnjets Cool Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Are you saying it may be IR interference from my LCD background light ? Will I need to turn it down a considerable amount or still be able to retain a decent picture ?

I have two adjustments on my Sharp LC52SE94U, Backlight and Brightness. Do I try one first or a combination of both ?

Thanks

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nah, It's probably set way too high (my Aquos was) . You can reduce it a few points or so and it will likely look better and you won't have the problem anymore. Play with it a little bit until things work best for you.

Also, you may want to adjust the position of your receiver slightly. I had this problem on one of my HR20-700s (they were stacked) but I did not have the problem on the other. I suspect this was due to the wavelength of the light coming from the LCD and one of the receivers was just right (really just wrong) while the other wasn't.

5. macsnjets

macsnjets Cool Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks Doug, I did as you suggested. I've started with the backlight at zero and I'll have to see how it works. So far its okay but time will tell.

Thanks again.