1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR22 strange audio problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kakster, Apr 19, 2013.

1. kakster

kakster Mentor

Feb 9, 2007
    My HR22 just started having an audio issue.

When switching tuners or between recorded content and live content, there is no audio.
    When using the HR22 to play recorded content from a different DVR using whole home, the audio always works.
    Returning to live tuner, no audio.
    I can make the audio come back by going to audio settings, and toggling the Dolby setting, It doesn't matter what the current setting is, switching to the other setting makes the audio come back.

Any ideas?

2. LawHawk

LawHawk Cool Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I had a problem that was somewhat similar. I was having no audio on startup about half the time. I would have to turn the TV or the receiver on and off several times to get the audio back. Have you had this at all? I ask because changing the Dolby setting also fixed it (temporarily).

I eventually figured out that it was the HDMI port on my TV. I changed the cable to a different port and never had the problem again.

3. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    It does sound like an HDMI hand shack issue. Try one of the following to correct your issue:
    1. Try adjusting any settings you have on the TV for HDMI (such as anynet, HDMI control or HDMI audio adjustments).
    2. Try a different HDMI port on the TV
    3. Try a different HDMI cable
    4. Try using component for video & a different transport method such as optical, coaxial digital or even analog composite outputs for audio.

4. kakster

kakster Mentor

Feb 9, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Oddly enough the problem went away a few days later.
    If it happens again I'll try different HDMI ports or a new cable.

Thanks,
    Kurt