1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR22 to SWM or not to SWM

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chicolonga1117, Jun 12, 2010.

1. chicolonga1117

chicolonga1117 New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi im very new here. Not sure if im doing this right. Well Ill get right to the point. I bought an HR22-100 HDDVR at costco. I want to install it myself. It needs two satellites. 1 and 2. on Sat1 it says SWM-2. does it mean that I need a SWM capable sat? or that is just an option so i wont need another line(use 1 mutli tuner line). Can I use my current non SWM Satellite and use two lines to my HR22-100. I hired a guy to do this and he says I need SWM. I think he is too lazy to fish the cable behind my wall and custom furniture. So the question is. Do I need SWM on my HR22-100? Or can I just use two lines/cables from my non SWM satellite? Like I said im new to this and This may not make sense to you guys. but i hope you understand. Thank you very much.

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    You can use two lines. Millions of DVRs are set up this way :)

3. RobertY

RobertY Mentor

Jul 9, 2008
    Two cables from the dish work great.

4. chicolonga1117

chicolonga1117 New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    thank you guys. so i think the guy that i hired is too lazy to fish. he is coming back tomorrow to do something (workaround as he says it) to it. I will then ask him to fish the cable. i will keep you posted if it works.

5. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Just FYI, cable fishing down through wall spaces is an extra charge. The standard installation includes routing the cable via the path that is easiest for the install tech, which usually means running the cable round the outside of the house and then straight in through the wall.

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yes, I think it was like $45 to have them do it?