1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR22 Will Not Boot Up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mluntz, Aug 19, 2010.

1. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    We must have had a small power surge yesterday because I noticed both DVR's had rebooted, although my HR22 was still rebooting. I unplugged it to begin the process again, and it finally booted up.

I went to watch a recorded program, and it had a severe video stuttering problem, this was now happening on every recorded program. I RBR'd the unit, and now it stays stuck on Step 1 of 2, "Checking Satellite Settings."

I have a feeling I know whats wrong with it, but I just want to hear it from you guys.

Swapping units as we speak, just to make sure it's not a cable or BBC issue. Will chime back in. :nono2:

2. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    Swapped the cable with my HR-20, booted up like a champ. Something inside the HR-22 I guess.

I'm sure if I call D* there's no guarantee that I'll get an HR-24, and I don't need an installer in the house. Will they just ship me a new unit, or should I go the amazon or solid signal route?

3. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    Just called D*. All they said they can do is send me a replacement for $99. And of course no guarantee as to what I get. That sucks! I don't want a crappy refurb.

Sometimes they are the greatest to deal with, and other times it makes no sense at all!

Amazon has an HR24 for $182, free shipping!