1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR23-700 - Can't turn off the blue LED circle once upgraded to 0x57b (HG GUI)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MarkEHansen, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MarkEHansen

MarkEHansen AllStar

Sep 4, 2008
    Since I've had my HR23-700, I've been able to turn off the blue LED circle on the front panel by pressing both the left and right buttons to dim it until it was off. This was a handy way to instantly tell when the machine had rebooted.

However, since my machine has upgraded to 0x57b (the HD GUI release), this no longer works. I can click both left and right to dim the circle, but it only dims a little (not much) and it won't go all the way off.

Is there still a way to turn this LED off?

Thanks,

2. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Make sure you are not on an active channel (red button to see scores or weather) and don't use the right arrow to start the turn off, right arrow loads the apps.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It's working fine for HR22; did you try RBR ?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It still works. Just be sure you're on a regular channel, not a sports channel with 'active content'.

5. MarkEHansen

MarkEHansen AllStar

Sep 4, 2008
    Okay, thanks. I was able to get it to work. Funny, but every time I've done it before, I just pressed the two buttons and it dimmed all the way to off.

I placed it on one of the local network channels and started with the left button and it worked fine.

6. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    some times by hitting the left one first, you initiate a back action to the last thing you were doing. Then you are waiting for it to pop up before it responds to anything else. If you start with the right one, you may have better luck.