1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR23-700 esata connection issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dartster, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Dartster

Dartster New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Hey folks. After several hours of searching these forums, and playing with my new esata equipment, I give up! Well, sorta. I'm coming to you for help :)

I have just purchased a Thermaltake Max5 enclosure and a WD Caviar Green 2.5TB drive (WD25EZRX). During the installation and cleanup after, my 5yr old somehow made the original sata cable disappear into the void. I tore up the house AND the trash looking for it. So, off to Fry's and I got a LinkDepot shielded I - I esata cable.

So, I followed the recommended startup instructions (everything off, drive on, spin fully up, receiver on), all to no avail.

Found some instructions on how to get into the advanced utilities, and it's telling me there is no disk when I switch it to external.

I moved the WD to my laptop via USB and was unable to get a drive letter even though the Thermaltake was recognized and installed. I took the drive out of the enclosure and popped it in my desktop. A quick format later and it's now recognized via USB. Progress!

Back to the HR23, did the 'install' again and still nothing. No disk in the advanced utilities. Grrr! So, here I am, proverbial hat in hand.

Any advice out there?

Thanks!